- 1¼ cups dried unsweetened banana chips *
- ¼ cup dates
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts
- If your banana chips are quite chewy, soak them in water for a few minutes to soften them up
- Place the banana chips and dates in a food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes until they have broken down into small bits.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and continue to blend until a batter is formed and there are no large chunks remaining
- Scoop out tablespoon sized amounts of the mixture and roll into balls. This mixture is quite sticky so you may need to wet your hands in between rolling. If the mixture is too sticky, grind up a quarter of a cup of walnuts and roll the balls in the walnut crumbs until they are completely coated
- Store the balls in a container in the freezer for up to a month. They are best enjoyed straight from the freezer.
* If you aren’t able to find unsweetened banana chips in store you can make them at home. Slice 5 bananas and lay them out evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 100 degrees celsius for 2½ hours or alternatively you can also use a dehydrator.